1. How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966) -- Not the 2000 Hollywood version, but the made-for-TV animated version -- a great book adaptation.
2. Its a Wonderful Life (1946) -- James Stewart, Donna Reed, Lionel Barrymore and, best of all, Bert and Ernie.
3. Scrooge (1970) -- The musical with Albert Finney as Scrooge, Alec Guinness as Marleys Ghost and Dame Edith Evans as the Ghost of Christmas Past.
4. White Christmas (1954) -- Worth watching to see the barn doors open at the finale.
5. Miracle on 34th Street (1947) -- Natalie Woods cynical Susie and Edmund Gwenns Kris Kringle make us all believe.
-- Says who? Kathryn Eastburn, Indy contributing editor and film critic.