- Matthew Schniper
- The Leon Young Pavillion is a landmark in the Hillside neighborhood.
1. A public meeting to discuss the Hillside Community Project and Leon Young Pavilion is planned for 5:30 p.m., Jan. 23 at the Hillside Community Center. City staff will reveal a proposed action plan for renovating the pavilion, which will also be posted at coloradosprings.gov/hillsideproject.
2. Three people who protested President Donald Trump's immigration policy by lying in the street outside City Hall in June were found guilty of obstructing traffic.
3. Petitions have been approved for the recall of Cripple Creek-Victor School District RE-1 board members Timothy Braun, Dennis Jones and Tonya Martin, alleging an array of claims including neglecting financial oversight duties and avoiding transparency.
- Bob Falcone
4. View the total lunar eclipse on Jan. 20 at the Air Force Academy's newly renovated planetarium. The program begins at 7 p.m., and visitors must leave by 10:30 p.m. Use the north gate.
5. Mark Waller was elected chair of the El Paso County Board of County Commissioners. Longinos Gonzalez Jr. was elected vice chair.
6. City Council voted on first reading to adopt the PlanCOS action plan, a comprehensive document that outlines the city's vision for neighborhoods, the economy, culture, the outdoors and more. A second vote is scheduled for Jan. 22.