- Christian Bertrand / Shutterstock.com
- Morrissey plays Denver’s Paramount Theatre Nov. 20.
There are some notable shows taking place across Colorado in the weeks ahead. Here's a brief rundown:
- Shredbots Presents R3BOOT, Summit Music Hall, Denver, Oct. 26
- Downswing, Black Sheep, Nov. 1
- Maddie’s Changed, Summit Music Hall, Denver, Nov. 9
- Bass Control with Barely Alive, Summit Music Hall, Denver, Nov. 11
- These Streets, Black Sheep, Nov. 14
- ’68, Marquis Theater, Denver, Nov. 14
- Guttermouth with Koffin Kats, Marquis Theater, Denver, Nov. 24
- Hinder with Josh Todd & The Conflict, Summit Music Hall, Denver, Nov. 28
- Josh Todd & The Conflict, Black Sheep, Nov. 29
- Winds of Plague, Marquis Theater, Denver, Dec. 7
- Sundressed, Summit Music Hall, Denver, Dec. 13
- Lana Del Rey, Pepsi Center, Denver, Jan. 7, 2018
- Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience, Pepsi Center, Denver, Sept. 14, 2018
Meanwhile, here’s what else is playing around town this week:
Wednesday 10/4Margarita at Pine Creek, Crystal and the Curious (jazz), 6:30 p.m.
The Warehouse, Springs Contemporary Jazz Big Band, 6 p.m.
Thursday 10/5Black Sheep, Hit the Shadows, Capricorn, Blinddryve, Deathride (metal), 7 p.m.
Broadmoor World Arena, Newsboys: Big Church Night Out (rock/pop), 7 p.m.
Motif Jazz Café, Alan Joseph and Mitch Chmara Jazz Guitar Duo, 7 p.m.
Patty Jewett Bar & Grill, Craig Walter (acoustic), 6 p.m.
Peak 31 @ Union Station, Service Industry Night with DJ Chris Diablo (rock/pop), 8 p.m.
Rico’s, Susan Rissman and John Wise (blues), 7 p.m.
Tap Traders, Mike Nelson (acoustic), 7 p.m.
Friday 10/6Axe and the Oak Whiskey House, Jesse Cotton Stone (blues), 7 p.m.
Benny’s, Starburn (rock/pop), 8 p.m.
Black Sheep, The Expanders, Iya Terra, For Peace Band, Autonomous (rock/pop), 7 p.m.
Johnny’s Navajo Hogan, Woodshed Red (rock/pop), 9 p.m.
Kinfolks, Nick Davey (Americana), 8 p.m.
The Mezzanine, TREO (jazz), 5:30 p.m.
O’Furry’s, Levi and Rifkin (rock/pop), 6:30 p.m.
Peak 31 @ Union Station, Larissa Vienna and the Strange, One Day Layaway, Stray Suns, Something Like Yesterday (rock/pop), 9 p.m.
Rico’s, The Mitguards (folk), 7:30 p.m.
Stargazers, Double Your Trouble – A Stevie Ray Vaughan Tribute (blues), 8 p.m.
Wyatt’s Pub & Grill, Jeff Sempek (acoustic), 9 p.m.
Saturday 10/7Benny’s, Dallas Alley (country), 8 p.m.
Johnny’s Navajo Hogan, Trick Dog (rock/pop), 9 p.m.
Kinfolks, Jay Martin (Americana), 8 p.m.
Lounge in the Village, Levi and Rifkin (rock/pop), 7 p.m.
Peak 31 @ Union Station, Wedding Reception for John Santos and Sherri Aragon with Goya, He Kill 3, Region 5 and Facing Forward (metal), 9 p.m.
The Perk Downtown, David Duff (acoustic), 8 p.m.
Pikes Peak Center, A Night with Janis Joplin (rock/pop), 7:30 p.m.
The Public House, Jeff Sempek (acoustic), 9 p.m.
Stargazers, The Long Run: Colorado’s Tribute to the Eagles (rock/pop), 8 p.m.
Sunday 10/8The Dab Lounge, The Sunday Sack with DJ Chris Diablo (hip-hop), 8 p.m.
Mother Muff’s, Sunday Brunch with Blue Frog (blues), 11 a.m.
10/9Black Sheep, Dizzy Wright, Black Pegasus, Reason the Citizen, D-Stylz, Bino Bih (hip-hop), 7 p.m.
The Buzz, Trivia Mondays with DJ BatBoy, 8 p.m.
Tuesday 10/10Benny’s, Sweet T’s Rude Blues Jam, 7 p.m.
Black Sheep, Arsonists Get All the Girls, Aethere, West Cliffs (hardcore), 7 p.m.
Townhouse, Blue Frog Open Jam (blues), 8 p.m.
Find open mic, karaoke, and more local listings in the print issue of the Independent every Wednesday.
Submit your live music event by Wednesday at noon for the following Wednesday's paper via our Submit a Listing page. If we don't receive a confirmation of ongoing events on a monthly basis, they won't run. Questions? Email email@example.com.