- Courtesy Mad Ink
- Gina Sicilia makes a stop at the Gold Room on Aug. 3.
The music scene in Colorado is in peak form. Here are some recently announced shows taking place across state in the weeks ahead:
• Itchy-O, Gothic Theatre, Englewood, Aug. 26
• The Fall of Troy, Marquis Theatre, Denver, Sept. 4
• Earth, Wind & Fire, Pikes Peak Center, Sept. 27
• Too Short, Black Sheep, Sept. 28
• Grizzly Bear, Ogden Theatre, Denver, Oct. 3
• Highly Suspect, Black Sheep, Oct. 3 & 4
• DevilDriver, Superjoint, Summit Music Hall, Denver, Oct. 4
• Motionless in White, Black Sheep, Oct. 7
• Tech N9ne, Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Morrison, Oct. 13
• Hollywood Undead, Black Sheep, Oct. 18
• Afghan Whigs, Har Mar Superstar, Gothic Theatre, Englewood, Oct. 21
• Mutemath, Ogden Theatre, Denver, Oct. 22
• Alvvays, Bluebird Theater, Denver, Oct. 31
• Beach Slang, Marquis Theatre, Denver Nov. 7
• LeAnn Rimes: Today Is Christmas Tour, Paramount Theater, Denver, Dec. 18
And here’s what's playing around Colorado Springs this week:
Wednesday 8/2Hillside Gardens, Davenports (rock/pop), 6 p.m.
Margarita at Pine Creek, Crystal and the Curious (jazz), 6:30 p.m.
The Warehouse, Springs Contemporary Jazz Big Band, 6 p.m.
- Catch the Fruit Bats at Ivywild School Thursday, Aug, 3.
Ivywild School, Fruit Bats (indie), 8 p.m.
Peak 31 @ Union Station, Service Industry Night with DJ Chris Diablo (rock/pop), 8 p.m.
Thorndale Park, Paint the Town Blue Summer Concert Series (blues), 5:30 p.m.
Friday 8/42South Food + Wine Bar, Jeremy Facknitz (acoustic), 7 p.m.
Axe and the Oak, Jesse Cotton Stone (blues), 7 p.m.
Back East Bar & Grill, The Midnight Sun (country), 8:30 p.m.
Benny’s, HTCR Band (rock/pop), 8 p.m.
Kinfolks, Band Idiot (blues), 8 p.m.
The Mezzanine, TREO (jazz), 5:30 p.m.
The Perk Downtown, David Duff (acoustic), 7:30 p.m.
Sangre de Cristo Arts Center, That Eighties Band (rock/pop), 6:30 p.m.
Stargazers, Domino: The Van Morrison Experience (folk), 8 p.m.
Saturday 8/5Benny’s, Justus League (blues), 8 p.m.
Black Sheep, Deter, Skyburial, Cyclonus, Fall of Scylla, Inficier (hardcore), 7 p.m.
Coyote’s Coffee Den, Joe & Katie Uveges (folk), 6:30 p.m.
Crystola Roadhouse, Dallas Alley Band (rock/pop), 8 p.m.
Jim’s Neighborhood Lounge, Risky Bizness Band (rock/pop), 2 p.m.
Johnny’s Navajo Hogan, Goya (rock/pop), 9 p.m.
Kinfolks, The ET’s (Americana), 8 p.m.
Stargazers, Ruaile Buaile (world), 7 p.m.
Sunbird, The CooperSonics (rock/pop), 6 p.m.
Sunshine Studios, Saliva, Distant Warning, Fall From Silence, The Endless Line, Iridium (metal), 5:30 p.m.
Sunday 8/6Coyote’s Coffee Den, Michael Reese (acoustic), 10 a.m.
Crystola Roadhouse, Dallas Alley Band (rock/pop), 2 p.m.
The Dab Lounge, The Sunday Sack with DJ Chris Diablo (hip-hop), 8 p.m.
Front Range Barbeque, The Mitguards (folk), 6:30 p.m.
Mother Muff’s, Sunday Brunch with Blue Frog (blues), 11 a.m.
Sun Mountain Cafe, Mike Sunjka, Gary Sanders (acoustic), 11 a.m.
Sunshine Studios, Cracker (rock/pop), 9 p.m.
Tuesday 8/8Benny’s, Sweet T’s Rude Blues Jam, 7 p.m.
Playing Field Sports Bar, DJ Night (dance), 8 p.m.
Find open mic, karaoke, and more local listings in the print issue of the Independent every Wednesday.
Submit your live music event by Wednesday at noon for the following Wednesday's paper via our Submit a Listing page. If we don't receive a confirmation of ongoing events on a monthly basis, they won't run. Questions? Email email@example.com.