Because some stuff is better the next day ... here, extras from the listings desk:
• Two mini art projects through Concrete Couch:
Mural Painting Blast, Sat., Dec. 11, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Cheyenne Village apartments and group homes in Manitou Springs. Anyone over 16 is welcome to come paint with people from CV, who have developmental disabilities or head injuries. Pizza and hot cider will reward those who paint, work, visit, and perhaps also donate.
Tee Shirts and Carpentry, Etc., Sun., Dec. 12, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Business of Art Center (515 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs). Help make shirts for Concrete Couch volunteers (plus one to keep) as well as wood shelves and built-ins.
RSVPs for both requested. For more, visit concretecouch.org.
• Capturing the Moment ... Photography Exhibit, Sat., Dec. 11, through Dec. 18 at the Artist's Gallery (416 Main St., Cañon City). Featuring the works of eight artists. Call 719/345-4070 or visit theartistsgalleryonline.com for more.
• Food Drive for Free Car Washes, Sat., Dec. 11, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at Quick Quack Car Wash (4285 Austin Bluffs Pkwy.). Bring five non-perishable food items and get a free wash and dry. Call 531-7474 or visit dontdrivedirty.com for more.
• Food for Fines: The Manitou Springs Public Library will extend this program through Dec. 18. Through FFF, you can clear all you owe the library through donations of non-perishable food items, which will go to the Historic Community Congregational Church of Manitou Springs' food pantry. Call 685-5206 for details.
• Suggest a name for the former Irving Middle School in District 11. Irving, which is now home to alternative education programs, can be named after presidents, civic or community leaders, historic places, geographic locations and even nearby streets. Offer your suggestion online at http://d11.org/nameschool.htm. Deadline is 5 p.m. on Jan. 7.
As a misshapen product of the D-11 factory myself, I know I can offer all kinds of ideas. You'll probably do much better.