Our Side Dish column can't possibly hold all the food listings we're sent weekly. So here's a quick rundown of dinners, classes and more coming up very soon:
• Rasta Pasta will hold a two-day celebration, Friday and Saturday, Jan. 22 and 23, in honor of Bob Marley's birthday. Expect drink specials and lots of live music. On a similar note, Meadow Muffins will host a Marley tribute with local outfit Jamaican Eclipse beginning at 9:30, Feb. 6. Again, expect drink specials.
• The Margarita at PineCreek will host a six-course Slow Food dinner featuring lamb from local farmer Jay Frost, on Sunday, Jan. 24 ($60-$65). On Jan. 27, it'll hold a rescheduled, eight-course "Wine and Swine" dinner featuring pork from our local Larga Vista Ranch ($55). Lastly, Jan. 31 will bring a three-course lunch benefit for Opera Theatre of the Rockies ($60; $35 goes to the organization).
• London-based vegetarian cookbook author Celia Brooks Brown (originally from Colorado Springs) will be the guest of "Conversations with the Chef" at Extraordinary Ingredients, from 5:30 to 7 p.m., Jan. 27.
• The Melting Pot will host The Emerald Affair four-course murder mystery dinner ($55) at 6 p.m., Jan. 27.
• Attend "The Art of Bread Baking: Sour Dough" class ($30) with Laura Carey and Linda Ballard at 2 p.m., Jan. 30 at the Cañon City Queen Anne Tea House.