“We’re excited about offering our students, faculty, staff and guests fresh, quality choices as well as supporting our local business community,” said PPCC President Lance Bolton.
The new food provider, Rue Lyon, had been the majority owner of Kangaroo Coffee. She plans to serve a variety of hot and cold sandwiches, soups, salads and snacks.
“I want to have outstanding food and a hip social space where students will want to relax and enjoy,” Lyon said.
Lyon says she will source local and regional ingredients whenever possible. She also plans to employ PPCC culinary students for special events and even foresees integrating business students, creating an environment to teach what it takes to run a small business.
Both concession areas are currently closed for renovation. The Centennial Campus concessions will open the week of July 11 and the Rampart Range on the week of July 18.
But Lyon sees this as a long-term evolutionary process, and will be making small adjustments to the spaces and the food over the course of a year.
Among the food trucks:
· Vore, specializing in gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches
· Potato! Potato! specializing in French fries with various toppings
· Heavenly Desserts, specializing in gourmet sweets
· Mira Sol, specializing in New Mexican cuisine
· Awaken, specializing in Cambodian cuisine
· Smokinist Barbeque, specializing in smoked meats
· SuppenBar, specializing in German soups and salads
The trucks will serve 11 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at the Centennial Campus on the south side of town. The schedule for the Rampart Range Campus on the north end of town is still in the works. Schedules will be posted on the Pikes Peak Community College Facebook page.