Among the ever-present plethora of potential places to drink and find fun drink-related happenings, three upcoming events have caught our attention:
• This Thursday from 5:30 to 8 p.m., Bristol Brewing Company
will release its new Automaton White IPA
, which "melds lovely citrus aromas and flavors from Mandarina Bavaria and Citra hops with the fruity esters of Belgian yeast — coriander and orange peel add delicious complexity."
In addition to sampling it, you're invited to take part in a Forgotten Genius Color Fight:
Come be a Forgotten Genius and “defend your ideas” against the other team! You’ll try to get colorful powdered dye on the other team’s White IPA t-shirts, specifically on the lightbulb illustration, while defending your own lightbulb. The team with the least dye on their lightbulbs wins!
• All Geniuses receive a free Automaton White IPA t-shirt to wear for the fight
• Winning team gets bragging rights and their picture on Bristol’s social media
• Signup begins right after the group toast at 5:30
• Fight starts at 6:30pm, weather permitting, outside the Bristol Pub
• All Geniuses will be split into two teams
• Geniuses must be 21 or older and present to sign up
• All Geniuses must sign a liability waiver
• Next up, on Wednesday, June 22 from 7 to 8:30 p.m., Brooklyn's on Boulder
invites you to "A Lee Spirits Cocktail Class: Brooklyns Favorites
Here's the details:
Join us as we learn how to make some of Brooklyns most popular drinks with some of the most popular bartenders!
Tickets are required for admission (get'em quick, class limit is 22 people)
A $25 ticket is valid for entry of 1 human person, & you'll get a ticket (for your class, duh)
- Build, stir, mix cocktails with Lee Spirits Gin. (yes, you'll actually be making the drinks)
- 1 shaker tin (for you to keep)
- 1 glass of summer punch (for you to sip)
- 3ish cocktails (for you to drink)
- Small bites (for you to chew)
- & other surprises that we can't share yet (they're for you too!) - you'll have to just be here too find out.
• Lastly, Fieldhouse Brewing Company
will celebrate its second birthday
Saturday, June 25 from noon to 10 p.m. Here's the haps on that:
We're turning TWO, and it's time to PARTY!!! We will have giant jenga, cornhole, giveaways, and more! Treehouse BBQ and Lucy I'm Home will be here to feed you! We are bringing back SIX of our favorite Test Taps! They tap every 2 hours starting at noon!
We have the whole parking lot closed off this year for the party, so make sure to park on Moreno to our south, if you want to park for free, and enter in the front door of the taproom. You will need your ID with you as we will be checking ALL ID's when you come in.