by Pam Zubeck
Tree Cutting Details:
· Walk-in sales start Nov. 23 and continue through Dec. 23.
· Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
· Saturday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 28, Dec. 5, Dec. 12, Dec. 19
· Sunday 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Nov. 28 and Dec. 6.
· The office is closed on Thanksgiving Day.
Cutting is district wide, refer to map handed out with permits for excluded areas.
o 4WD and chains may be needed in some areas.
· We do not run out of permits. Once the permit is purchased, trees can be cut any day through Christmas Eve.
· The South Platte Ranger District - 19316 Goddard Ranch Court, Morrison - will sell South Park Christmas tree permits from Nov. 23 to Dec. 23. They will accept cash or check only and will not process mail or phone requests.
District Ranger Josh Voorhis encourages tree cutting in the South Park Ranger District, “It’s a relaxing family tradition for many who drive a little further to the South Park Ranger District to find the perfect Christmas tree. We’re away from the crowds, we offer a district-wide permit and cutting is allowed any day up to Christmas Eve.”
Shop for gifts at the South Park Ranger District during the holiday sale (Nov. 27 – Dec. 12) for 15-percent off most items including local-interest books, stuffed toys and apparel.
Visit the District's 2015 Holiday Tree Program page at: http://www.fs.usda.gov/goto/psicc/sopk
Or, call the office at 719-836-2031 for more information.