Carolyn Franks / shutterstock
Question: How many times in past years have you cursed yourself for forgetting to take part in the Colorado State Fair’s Pet Rock Olympics
Don’t let it happen again! Pre-registration is now open for this year’s competition, which will award winners with a total of nearly $250 in cash prizes — plus ribbons! — to winners in the “Best Dressed”
and “Farthest Distance Roller”
While the judging itself won’t take place until August 30, now is definitely the time to register and start training. Some ground rules to bear in mind:
* Contestants must bring their own rocks. (None will be provided.)
* All rocks must be free from
man-made or caused alterations.
* Previous “Best Dressed” winning rocks are not eligible for competition in 2015.
* The rock traveling the greatest distance from start to stop, with no pushing or nudging, will be declared the winner.
• The farthest roller becomes the property of the Colorado State Fair. (Hmmm…)
You can find more information here