Today, the Downtown Partnership announced the schedule for the first week of its inaugural Sidewalk Stage series, a juried and planned set of family friendly performances held downtown on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays July 11 through Aug. 17.
Per its press release, over 25 groups are slated to perform — spanning music, dance, circus acts and more — and all will be paid (so "tipping is not expected").
Here's the opening week schedule. More will be announced soon:
Dates and times
July 11 through August 17, 2013
Thursdays 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Fridays 4:00 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturdays 12:00 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Music: Celtic, pop, guitar, flute, rock, blues, jazz, bluegrass, drumming
Dance: tribal belly dance, modern dance, cabaret-style belly dance
Circus: stilt walkers, acrobatics, sword balancing
Opening week schedule
THURSDAY, JULY 11 FROM 11:30 TO 1:30
· Jason Bennett (music), at Curbside Cuisine, corner of Nevada/Platte Avenues
FRIDAY, JULY 12 FROM 4 TO 7PM
· Summer Creek (all-children acoustic band), corner of Nevada/Colorado Avenues, in front of the City Administration building
· Marty & Frank (Celtic music), corner of Pikes Peak/Cascade in front of Range Riders statue
· Fingers n Frets (guitar/singing), corner of Tejon/Bijou, in front of Starbucks
SATURDAY, JULY 13 FROM NOON TO 3PM
· The Rare Ould Times (Celtic music), east side of Tejon, north of Pikes Peak
· Crystal and The Curious (Latin/jazz/rock), Acacia Park
· Salida Circus (variety, stilt walkers), west side of Tejon in front of Zeezo’s
· Special additional performance by Salida Circus at Curbside Cuisine as part of their Grand Opening celebration.