El Paso County Commissioner Darryl Glenn has announced that he will be seeking a second term representing District 1.
The Air Force Academy grad and attorney was elected to the Colorado Springs City Council in 2003, serving until 2011, when he moved to the BOCC. He also served for a spell as the vice-chairman of the local Republican Party.
From his press release:
It’s truly been an honor to serve as the El Paso County Commissioner for District One.
Over the past few years, we’ve been participating in a polarizing national debate over the core principles that govern our Country. The Presidential election is over and we must look in the mirror and face the fact that we have unprecedented national debt, a greater dependency on government programs and new strategic challenges impacting our national security objectives. The future of our next generation will depend on our commitment to remain engaged in resolving these issues.
However if we’re going to resolve these issues nationally, we must implement local policies based on our core principles of personal responsibility, individual freedom, property rights, market economics and responsible limitations on government intervention. I’m prepared and willing to accept this challenge. If you share these concerns, I’m respectfully requesting your support for my reelection. As your Commissioner, I’ll continue to communicate the importance of the adoption of the following strategic vision:
SUPPORT AND DEFEND OUR RIGHTS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION
• Recognize that powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people (10th Amendment)
• Support the adoption of fiscal policies that appropriately balance the general health, safety and welfare of our citizens
• Government agencies must be held to the same fiscal constraints and scrutiny being faced by the very citizens it’s been empowered to serve
• The use of taxpayer dollars is a privilege and not a right
PROMOTE REGIONAL COLLABORATION, INNOVATION AND PARTNERSHIPS
• Properly identify citizen services that should be taxpayer supported
• Support opportunities to consolidate services with other governmental entities to improve efficiency and reduce the cost of these services
• Promote community collaborations and private sector partnerships
WE HAVE A CRITICAL ROLE IN THIS NATION’S HOMELAND SECURITY
• Develop and maintain strong military partnerships
• Support the implementation of national defense policies that enhance our security
• Support the service members that protect or have protected our way of life
CHAMPION THE AMERICAN DREAM
• Support policies and regulations that preserve individual freedom, liberty, property rights and market economics
• Recognize that there are responsible limitations on government intervention
• Honor and learn from the sacrifices made by previous generations
If you’d like additional information about campaign events and/or volunteer opportunities, please feel free to contact our campaign team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also receive updates on Facebook (look for glenncampaign), Twitter (http://twitter.com/glenncampaign), or simply go to our web site (www.electdarrylglenn.com).
DARRYL L. GLENN
El Paso County Commissioner District #1
Mr. Glenn is a graduate of Doherty High School in Colorado Springs. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the United States Air Force Academy, a Master’s degree in Business Administration from Western New England College and a Juris Doctor degree from New England School of Law.
Mr. Glenn retired from the United States Air Force as a Lieutenant Colonel after 21 years of combined active duty and reserve military service. During his military career he was recognized for his superior leadership and ability to save taxpayer dollars:
He led a $19 million dollar Iceland Command and Control Enhancement Program and implemented performance standards that saved the taxpayers $400 thousand dollars
He was personally selected to serve as the Program Manager for a $5 billion dollar weapon system program office responsible for creating and implementing a base realignment and closure plan
He led the management of 35 combat communication system programs valued at $1 billion dollars and developed a support plan that saved $20 million dollars while providing 40 percent more equipment for our warfighters
Mr. Glenn was appointed to the Colorado Springs City Council as the District 2 representative in June 2003. He was then elected to serve a four-year term in April 2005 and reelected to another four-year term in April 2009. As a City Council Representative, he served as a member of a board of elected officials responsible for overseeing a $350 million dollar municipal operating budget, a $1 billion dollar four-service municipal utility company and a $600 million dollar municipal health care system. On November 2, 2010, Mr. Glenn was elected to serve in his current position as the El Paso County Colorado District #1 Commissioner. As a County Commissioner, Mr. Glenn is a member of a board of elected officials responsible for overseeing and implementing all federal and state requirements impacting County financial operations serving over 600 thousand residents.
Private Sector Work History
Mr. Glenn is the Co-Owner of the Glenn Law Firm P.C. specializing in Family Law, Public Policy and Campaign Management consulting.
Personal and Professional Affiliations/Accomplishments
Christian, New Life Church member
Former Vice Chairman El Paso County Republican Party
Republican Precinct Committee Leader
Member of the Colorado and El Paso County Bar Association
Personal Fitness Trainer
Certified Nutrition Coach
Former President of the Douglass Valley Elementary Parent Teacher's Organization
3-Time Collegiate National Powerlifting Champion