From the listings desk: It's the time of year for gift-y art shows, a chance for you to not only shop local and all that jazz, but to procure
yourself someone you love a piece of art that's more affordable than usual. Here's a round-up of some local small works/holiday art shows. If you know of another not mentioned here, please let us know in the comments or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Bemis School of Art, 818 Pelham Place, 475-2444, csfineartscenter.org. Annual Teacher's Art Sale, a collection of ceramics, paintings, jewelry and more. Nov. 30 to Dec. 2.
• Business of Art Center, 513 Manitou Ave., Manitou Springs, 685-1861, thebac.org. Art for a New Start, a show of artwork donated for families who lost their homes in the Waldo Canyon Fire. Selections are on a first-come, first-served basis. Nov. 30 to Dec. 2. Opening reception for families and donors, Fri., Nov. 30, 6-9 p.m. Handmade Holiday, a show and sale of hand-crafted artwork and crafts from locals, with live music, warm beverages and cookies and other holiday entertainment. Saturdays, Sundays. through Dec. 25. BAC Annual Holiday Show, a showcase of the BAC's studio artists, offering up works in ceramics, painting, mixed media, print work and more. Dec. 7 through Jan. 19. Opening reception, Fri., Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
• Commonwheel Artists Co-op, 102 Cañon Ave., Manitou Springs, 685-1008, commonwheel.com. Commonwheel Artists Co-op Annual Holiday Market, a show and sale of gift-able artwork by over 35 Colorado artists. Through Jan 6.
• Cottonwood on Tejon, 214½ N. Tejon St., cottonwoodgallery.wordpress.com. Holiday Boutique, an art show and sale, featuring pieces from Colorado artists, all under $100.
• Cup and Bowl Gallery, 116 Midway Ave., Pueblo, 719/404-3469, cupandbowl.org. A Cup & Bowl Christmas, an exhibition of work from Linda Cates, Kuky Harrington, Maria Hughes and Laura Lester. Opening reception, Fri., Dec. 7 , 5 p.m.
• Fare Bella Studio and Gallery, 16 Ruxton Ave., Manitou Springs, 720/226-4315. 100 for $100, a holiday art show featuring original works by Coni Grant, Patti Filler, Laura Reilly and others. Also held in Tracy Miller Fine Art. Nov. 30 to Dec. 31. Opening reception, Fri., Nov. 30, 6 p.m.
• Gallery 113, 113 N. Tejon St., 634-5299, gallery-113.com. Art Gift Show, as the name implies, handmade items ranging from scarves and jewelry to photographs, stone arts and prints. Nov. 28 through Dec. 25. Opening reception, Fri., Dec. 7, 5 p.m.
• Kreuser Gallery, 218 W. Colorado Ave., 630-6347, abigailkreusergallery.com. Holiday Art Market, a sale featuring art work from local artists like Carole Reece, Marie David, Dana Long, Tim Davis, Randall Barbera, Abigail Kreuser and others. Through Nov. 30.
• Mardosz Fine Art Gallery, 109 S. Corona St., mardoszfineart.com. Miniatures Show, a series of small paintings by Chuck Mardosz, Eric Michaels, Richard Dahlquist and Dean Mabe. Through Dec. 31.
• Marmalade at Smokebrush, 219 W. Colorado Ave., #210, 444-1012, smokebrush.org. CHRISZAIHAMANKUS, a seasonal group art show with works by Don Goede, Kat and Bob Tudor, Jeff Kallaus, Justin Kovach and others. Opening reception, with a short play by Ethan Engel and Jennifer Mulson, music by the New Depressionists and Crystal & the Curious, and more. Fri., Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
• Modbo, 17C E. Bijou St., 633-4240, themodbo.wordpress.com. Fifth Annual Small Works Show, a show and sale of nearly 300 works of art, all under 24 inches in each dimension, and hung salon-style in the galleries. Also held in S.P.Q.R. Opening reception, Fri., Dec. 7, 5:30 p.m. to midnight.
• Sangre de Cristo Arts Center, 210 N. Santa Fe Ave., Pueblo, 719/295-7200, sdc-arts.org. Own Your Own Art Show & Sale, Sangre's annual art bonanza, with walls filled top to bottom with reasonably priced artwork for the holidays. Through Dec. 29.