I've meant to try Castle Rock's Crave Real Burgers whenever I drive through. And since I treat that like everything else I always mean to do — you're next, laundry — I never have.
So it's a pretty good thing the restaurant recently doubled in size by opening a second location in the old Fatburger location in the Shops at Falcon Landing.
“Opening a restaurant in the Springs is a huge step for us and we couldn’t be more excited,” says co-owner and chef Jeff Richard in a statement. “We want to host a grand opening that really welcomes the entire community and makes everyone feel like a VIP.”
So, to that end, here's a schedule for all that feeling-like-a-VIP-ness:
• Nov. 1: a ribbon cutting ceremony where all diners get 25 percent off
• Nov. 2: sample-size milkshakes, free all day
• Nov. 3: free soda for all students and teachers
• Nov. 4: double punches on customers' Crave burger cards
• Nov. 5: 50 percent off for all Army and Air Force customers (with military ID), and 25 percent for all customers wearing related apparel
• Nov. 6: a game offered to all families dining in, offering a variety of discounts
And if you're wondering just what you're getting in to, here's a little backstory, according to the press release:
The owners and creators of Crave — a husband and wife foodie duo — opened the first Crave in Castle Rock in 2010. Since then, the restaurant has earned a reputation for eclectic, decadent, and irresistible burgers. Menu items include the Luther — a bacon cheddar burger and fried egg between glazed donuts for a bun; the award-winning Dim Sum Daffy — a burger with roasted duck, ginger garlic cream cheese, crispy wontons and hoisin sauce; and the Fatty Melt — a bacon cheeseburger with tomato and pickles between two grilled cheese sandwiches.