Let's kick-off this brief food-and-drink roundup with a hilariously sad statistic:
• So says this article, "School lunch is a lot like prison food, only worse."
Enlarge the infographic that says so here:
• Next up, Westword reported last week on New Belgium Brewing's plans for a second brewery somewhere on the East Coast, ideally to be under contract by this year's end.
• Though the July and August Farm-to-Table Starlight Dinner Series nights are sold out at Venetucci Farm — call the Pikes Peak Community Foundation to get on the waiting list — seats are still available for the Monday, Sept. 12 dinner featuring chef Ed Clark from Bon Appetit Catering. Seats are $125, all of which goes to benefit the farm from which these meals will draw their ingredients.
• The Island Grill will host a fish fry from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday, May 27, featuring a variety of fish dinners in the $7 to $10 range.
• Lastly, another early heads-up on Garden of the Gods Gourmet's summer tea party on the patio from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., Wednesday, June 8. Tea samples and tea-friendly pastries baked by the outfit's pastry chef are what $12 buys you.