City seeking volunteers for Arts Commission



Want to be more proactive about the arts in everyday life? Why not join the Arts Commission of the Pikes Peak Region, a 13-member panel that advises City Council and the county on issues regarding public art.

Get involved: avoid a Tilted Arc disaster.
  • Get involved: avoid a Tilted Arc disaster.

The commission is currently in need of two professional artists, one citizen representative and one higher education arts professional. The group meets the third Tuesday of every month at 4 p.m.

Send letters of interest and résumés before Fri., June 25, to or by mail to: City Council; Attn. Marti Devine Sletta, P.O. Box 1575, Colorado Springs, CO, 80901.

More information can be found at (click on "Commissions and Committees" on the homepage) of by phone at 385-5453.

Read on for the full press release.

Four spots open on the Arts Commission of the Pikes Peak Region

The City of Colorado Springs is seeking volunteers to serve on the Arts Commission of the Pikes Peak Region. Four openings are available on the Commission:
· Two professional visual artists
· One citizen representative
· One higher education art professional
The Art Commission is a 13-member advisory panel with representatives from a variety of local art institutions and professional visual artists and citizen representatives. The Art Commission is an official City of Colorado Springs resource in service of public awareness of the arts. The commission's charter is to review and make recommendations to the City Council and El Paso County Commission regarding issues of public art. Their goal is to promote the inclusion of art in everyday life and the value of what artistic thinking can contribute to the community. Art Commission meetings are open to the public and are held on the third Tuesday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
Send letters of interest and resumes before Friday, June 25, 2010 to or mail to City Council; Attention Marti Devine Sletta; P.O. Box 1575; Colorado Springs, CO 80901.
Or, fill out the Application for Appointment to a City Board, Committee or Commission, which can be found at by clicking on “Commissions and Committees” on the homepage. (The application cannot be submitted online at this time. Please send to the e-mail or physical address above.) For questions or more information, please call (719) 385-5453.

Add a comment

Clicky Quantcast