Starting today, the lowdown on how long a power outage will last, what caused it and who's affected is only a phone call away.
Colorado Springs Utilities is launching a program in which customers can call a toll-free number to get updated information on power outages or report an outage, Utilities officials said in a press release.
The number is 888/CSU-OTIS (One-Touch Information Service).
Officials with the city-owned Utilities stress that the effectiveness and accuracy of the program relies on current customer information, especially phone numbers. Hence, they want customers to ensure their account information is up-to-date by verifying it in the account management section at csu.org, or by calling 448-4800.
Power outage information includes:
* Confirmation that Springs Utilities is aware of the outage
* Estimated duration of the outage
* Number of customers affected
* Information on the cause of the outage (if known)
* An option to request a return call to a home phone or cell phone when an outage has been restored
The service is available in English and Spanish.