The food prepared by this year's 24 participating restaurants and caterers was, as always, highly creative and largely delicious.
Guest judging this year were: Noel Cunningham, owner of Denver's Strings and 240 Union restaurants; longtime former participant Pete Aiello of Alpine Chef Catering; and James Africano, former frontman at the Warehouse (before it was purchased by Chip Johnson) prior to becoming Ted Turner's chef at New Mexico's Vermejo Park Ranch.
A rundown of the winners:
1) Duck Meatballs with Morel Mushroom Cream Sauce — Andrew Darrigan of The Food Designers
2) Lobster Bisque — Ivan Sisneros and Kirk Dunning of The Palisades at Broadmoor Park
3) Spinach Pakora — T.S. Dhillon of Taste of India
1) Wild Boar Tenderloin with Bacon Fig Ragu — Beau Green of Wild Things Catering at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
2) Cataloochee Wapiti on Exotic Mushroom Arancini — Aaron Johnson of The Warehouse
3) Colorado Lamb Stuffed with Apricots, Fuji Apple and Mint — Scott Savage of The Cliff House
1) Elvis-inspired PB&J — Cathy Werle, Ben Miles and Eric Viedt of The Margarita at PineCreek
2) Molten Thai Cake with Araguani Chocolate Sauce — Randy Mikulas of The Broadmoor
3) Carrot Cake 1790 — Tyler Peoples of The Briarhurst Manor Estate
Best of Show
Wild Boar Tenderloin with Bacon Fig Ragu — Beau Green of Wild Things Catering at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo
For a slide show of this year's entries, click here.
For those entirely new to the Chef's Gala, click here to take a more in-depth look at 2007's event, and the general framework of the festive occasion.