Food news roundup time, in no particular order:
• Lana Hillstrom says the opening of the Curry Leaf on Tejon Street will be a bit delayed. She may open around the end of this week, and she hopes certainly by early next week. After that soft opening, expect a grand-opening celebration on Valentine's Day.
• Colorado Springs Food Tours will host its next dessert and wine tour through Old Colorado City on Thursday, Jan. 26, for $29 a head. More info here.
• Coaltrain Wine & Spirits will host a four-course wine dinner at Conscious Table on Wednesday, Jan. 25, for $59 per person, plus tax/tip. Resos can be made at 475-9700. Check out the menu by clicking this image:
• Trinity Brewing has a beer barrel-load of upcoming special releases and events, including a Yeti Vertical Tapping of five Yeti beers on Jan. 25; a barley wine tapping on Jan. 30; a six-course wild beer and wild game beer dinner on Feb. 12; and the creamy cherry Brain of the Turtle bottle release party on Feb. 17. Visit their website or Facebook page for details.
• The Melting Pot also has a number of upcoming special events, including a Murder Mystery Dinner with Red Herring Productions at 6 p.m., Jan. 18 (tomorrow); a National Cheese Lover's Day special on Jan. 19; the "Chick's Dig Beer" dinner and beer flight on Jan. 24; and of course, a special Valentine's Day menu available from Feb. 9 through 18.
• The Blue Star just released its first new menu of 2012, click the image to take a look at just one section of it:
• Local health and garden counseling business Cultivate Health will launch its next annual garden class — eight sessions over 16 weeks, taught Saturdays from 9 to 10:30 a.m. — on Feb. 18. The hands-on class includes seed starting, composting, soil amending and field trips. More details on that blog.
• Catch the Margarita at PineCreek's next cooking class on Jan. 22, for $65 per person. The restaurant also just released a new lounge menu, featuring new plates like escargot wontons and bone marrow with toast alongside old favorites like butternut squash pierogis and scallops bouillabaisse.
• The chain outfit Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers just opened in Monument. Check out the full press release on that here.