A quick look ahead at upcoming food events:Giuseppe's Old Depot Restaurant will host its next Literary Dinner from 6 to 9 p.m., Sunday, March 13. Seats are $60 plus tax/tip for five, wine-paired courses.
The literary work that will inspire the menu while filling out five acts is The Hobbit.
No word yet on whether chef Brent Beavers will act on my suggestion to lead off with Worcester-SHIRE shots.
• From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Saturday, March 12, iTopIt will celebrate its formal grand opening. Get free yogurt with toppings and potentially win prizes.
• Who's a big boy?
R&R Coffee Café, that's who.
The outfit turns 3 years old this weekend, offering specials on Friday, March 11 and Saturday, March 12. Look for $1, 16-ounce lattes, $2, 16-ounce mochas and $1 cinnamon rolls: one sweet deal for each year.
• Speaking of birthdays, the Margarita at PineCreek just turned 37.
A handful of March events will follow, including the fourth installment of the Spice Route Dinner Series at 6:30 p.m., Wednesday, March 16 (seven courses with wine for $55), and "throwback menu dinners" featuring three courses for $27 per head.
A new menu, reviving recipes from the outfit's early years, will be featured weekly through May.
• The Summit at The Broadmoor will host the Craft of the Cocktail dinner at 6 p.m., Monday, March 21. Seats are $99 plus tax/tip for the five-course, cocktail-paired meal. All of the featured spirits will be from Colorado. Click here for more.
• Amuzé at the FAC will hold a five-course wine-tasting dinner at 7:30 on Wednesday, March 23. Seats are $49. Also look for newly launched chef's menu dinners every Tuesday night for $29, as well as periodic special jazz meals in the Deco Lounge. Call the restaurant for details.
• On the last three Thursdays of March, the Winery at Holy Cross Abbey will celebrate its sixth annual Spring Fling with special releases of its reserve wines paired with meals by local chefs. Call 719/276-5191 for details.