Today is the 33rd anniversary of Elvis Presley's death, and with a Facebook page boasting more than 1 million fans, Elvis still lives on as one of the most popular music artists of all time. Everyone knows about his love for peanut butter and banana sandwiches, but here are some lesser-known facts about the King, from Yahoo's music blog:
• There are currently more than 84,000 performers whose principal occupation is impersonating Elvis.
• "Elvis" was the middle name of Vernon Presley, Elvis' father.
• The teenage Elvis signed his high-school friends' yearbooks with the name "Elvis Cat."
• Elvis never received Grammy recognition for any of his signature rock hits, despite being the "King of Rock and Roll." He did win three Grammy awards, but they were all for gospel recordings. He did, however, receive a Lifetime Achievement Award in 1971.
• Elvis never performed live outside of the United States, except for five Canadian shows in 1957.
• Elvis' friends noted that he loved pepper on his eggs.