by Bill Forman
By now, you're probably wondering, "Where the hell is my 2010 Mile High Music Festival site map? How am I supposed to find the fokkin Ferris wheel and the Goddam water playground?"
OK, settle down, we got your downloadable site map right here, along with all sorts of other things that'll make your visit to the Dave Matthews/Jack Johnson-headlined snoozefest all the more exciting.
Anyway, here's the press release. And be sure not to miss the surprise bonus video right after!
Colorado’s Mile High Music Festival, August 14 and 15
at the fields at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park
MILE HIGH MUSIC FESTIVAL PRESENTED BY KYOCERA
UNVEILS 2010 FESTIVAL MAP
BEYOND THE MUSIC, NEW 2010 FESTIVAL FEATURES INCLUDE
A FERRIS WHEEL, ARTIST SIGNINGS, LARGER THAN LIFE
ART EXHIBITS, AND SO MUCH MORE
VISIT WWW.MILEHIGHMUSICFESTIVAL.COM TO PURCHASE TICKETS
Mile High Music Festival presented by Kyocera today unveils the 2010 festival site map, and with it, plenty more activities to round out the incredible music experience. A slew of new 2010 festival features promise to take this year’s Mile High Music Festival experience to the next level.
Features include the following:
• Green Your Scene Passport Program: With this program guests can travel through the festival, participating in all of the Mile High Music Festival greening initiatives for a chance to win prizes, including a meet-and-greet with members of the Dave Matthews Band.
• Anubis: Denver Art Museum King Tut Exhibit’s very own 30-foot Anubis. Anubis, who arrived on site yesterday and will stay throughout the festival, garnered the title of the first Mile High Music Festival 2010 fan, and was bestowed with an all-access laminate by some local Mile High Music Festival artists.
• Whole Foods General Store: Whole Foods will be providing prepackaged organic foods and local produce.
• Twist & Shout tent: Fans can get their gear autographed at the tent run by Denver’s best independent record store.
• Mile High Make ’n’ Take: Adults and kids alike can get creative in this on-site crafting tent.
• Hand of Man: Artist Christian Ristow brings his oversized hydraulic hand to Mile High Music Festival to twist and crush junk cars.
• Hot Air Balloon: Guests will be able to take rides on a tethered hot air balloon.
• Ferris Wheel: This 50-foot, 12-car Ferris wheel will be free for guests to enjoy.
• Water Playground: Fans can frolic under a 15-foot feature that shoots and sprays water.
Mile High Music Festival’s brand new Beta Beach is located right in the middle of the festival site, close to the Water Playground. Booked in partnership with Denver’s world-renowned Beta Night Club, the already diverse festival expands its musical terrain by now hosting an impressive list of Denver’s most cutting-edge DJs and electronic music including Second Sun, Halo and Hipp E, and Dragon.
Of course, in addition to all the perks and extras, the map also pinpoints locations of festival essentials. For patron convenience and comfort, Mile High Music Festival 2010 offers even more free water refill stations, more food and beverage vendors, more shade and misting tents, ATM Machines and much more. View the map here.
Bands confirmed to perform at Colorado’s Mile High Music Festival presented by Kyocera, happening at the Fields at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park on August 14 and 15, include headliners Dave Matthews Band and Jack Johnson, also Weezer, Steve Miller Band, My Morning Jacket, Slightly Stoopid, Atmosphere, Phoenix, Train, Nas & Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley, Jimmy Cliff, Keane, Bassnectar, Cypress Hill, Z-Trip, Derek Trucks & Susan Tedeschi Band, Drive-By Truckers, Railroad Earth, Ozomatli, and many more. Visitwww.milehighmusicfestival.com for full line up and schedule times.
Tickets for Mile High Music Festival presented by Kyocera are on sale now, including Single Day Tickets and 2-Day Packages, plus VIP Ticket options and hotel packages. Get tickets online at www.tickethorse.com and www.milehighmusicfestival.com, by phone at 866-461-6556 and at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park Box Office. They can also be purchased with a credit card at the Ticket Outlet Kiosks in the twelve Colorado Dick’s Sporting Goods stores.
Visit www.milehighmusicfestival.com for complete details. The Fields at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park are conveniently located just 9 miles from downtown Denver, and only 1.8 miles from the I-70 and Quebec exit.